As Hydra Island has inspired generations of amateurs and spawned Internationally acclaimed professional artists, you are invited to join one of Desiree Prinsloo's water colour painting courses.
You too can discover and capture the unique scenery and the special light that mesmerizes visitors to Hydra. Take home your very special memories after your course to treasure and fondly look back on
your wonderful holiday on Hydra Island for years to come.
Day 1 of course held 21st July 2017
Practicing some techniques on the first morning inside at the Bandera Cafe.
Watercolour Painting Course Details
Objective: To demonstrate and put into practice the techniques needed to capture a scene as a sketch and the technique to mix water colour and apply.
Number of Participants:
- Minimum 2 participants (Please note that the course will be cancelled or rescheduled, if there are not at least 2 participants for each course, two weeks prior to
the course commencing. Full refund will be given in these cases.)
- Maximum of 6 participants per course. Please note that if you are on your own, this is a smashing way to meet people who like similar things to you so these
courses are pleasantly sociable.
- Courses can be scheduled for dates to suit between May to Mid October.
- 3 mornings
- 2 hours per day
- Times depend upon time of year and weather conditions
Registration and the first day will be held at the Bandera Cafe in the centre of the port.
- For complete beginners to intermeditate levels.
- Competant artists are welcome to join courses for the experience and to enjoy the locations and company.
- Courses are not suitable for children under the age of 14.
- Courses are not suitable for those with mobility disabilities because some of the locations require participants to walk and are not wheelchair accessible.
Where the is course held
Courses are held at the picturesque bay of Mandraki or at an area to suit participants, weather & temperature. OR at a location agreed on the first morning.
What you will need to bring with you
Equipment is not supplied so you will need to bring your own:
- A4 size spiral bound water colour painting pad.
- Paper towels
- A watercolour/mixed media sketch book with paper of 100lbs or more, smooth/hot press preferred for ink/w/colour work.
- Pencils HB - HB2 & sharpener
- Kneaded eraser
- Small cosmetic spray bottle to keep paints hydrated.
- Box of water colour paints. (12 colours with mixing lid)
- Various size water colour brushes (3 will be enough, fine, medium & large)
- 2 small pots (the cut off bottom of water bottles are perfect, 1 for water to wash your brushes in and the other to use for painting.)
- 1 large bottle of water (for painting, not to drink!)
- A drink for you.
And it's a good idea to have a small ruck sack to carry everything in.
If you don't want to bring everything with you, it is possible to buy what you need from the shops in Hydra.
Price, Payment & Conditions
Prices: €100 per person, per course
- Please note that refreshments & equipment is not included.
- Booking a place on the course must be made in advance.
- Payment required in advance, by Paypal or Bank Transfer a minimum of 4 weeks before start date. .
- In the case of cancellation being necessary by Desiree, or by the participant, email notification will be required.
- If cancelled by Desiree a full refund will be given.
Enquiries and/or to reserve a place
Please use the form below to contact me to reserve a date. If I am already running a course on that date, you can join it if there are less than 6 people already booked. If you are the only person
on that start date, I will invite others to join you, up to a maximum of 6 people.