Hydra Gem is a perfectly formed, detached, 3 bedroom house for sale in KAMINI Village on Hydra Island Greece that was built recently (2001) in the traditional island style, set in a
well-established garden. This Hydra property for sale has panoramic, long reaching views of the sea and island. Idyllic Hydra real estate, being sold fully furnished and equipped so that you can
move into and immediately enjoy. House for sale by owner on Hydra, no agent commission to pay.
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 shower rooms
- Open plan living room
- Kitchen (fitted)
- Utility room (with plumbing)
- 2 large terraces
- Walled garden
- Stunning far-reaching countryside & sea views
Year of build: 2001
- Stone walls
- Two fireplaces
- Ceiling fans, wall mounted electric radiators
- WiFi/phone connected
- Windows fitted with internal shutters & fly screens
- Freshwater cisterna with electric pump
- Immaculate condition throughout
- Well established shrubs & trees, automatic watering system.
- Plenty of outdoor lights
- Hose connections for courtyard, terraces & garden
Stunning, far-reaching views along the Vlychos Valley, down to both Kamini & Hydra Harbours and across to the Peloponnese mainland.
The property is very private and you enter a small courtyard from the street. A set of stone steps from the courtyard lead to the first-floor terrace. You enter the ground floor via double doors
Small entrance area
Steps down to open plan living room with fireplace, internet connection point and double doors to dining terrace.
Guest shower room & toilet
Ground floor bedroom, with two windows & ceiling fan.
Ground floor, kitchen, bedroom, guest shower between kitchen & bedroom, door to terrace under stairs, living room to right.
Ground floor living room with fireplace and windows overlooking the garden. Wall mounted electric radiators.
Ground floor terrace over looking garden. Access from living room or via door under the stairs on the ground floor.
Top floor bedroom with fireplace and double door to upper terrace with stunning views.
Top floor double bedroom featuring a fireplace.
Top floor double bedroom featuring double doors to upper terrace and smashing views from the bed!
Top floor terrace, from either the top floor bedroom or via external stone stairs from the entrance courtyard.
Lower Ground Floor
A small cosy room (could be used as sitting area, playroom, library/office/quiet area)
Laundry & storage room (plumbing for washing machine)
Lower ground floor bedroom with en-suite shower room and 3 windows overlooking the garden
Lower ground floor ensuite bedroom overlooking the garden.
Lower ground floor, sitting room through to laundry room.
Laundry room through to sitting room then to lower ground floor bedroom.
Lower ground floor bedroom with ensuite shower.
Ground floor dining terrace with a pergola covered in a native ivy for shade. External stone stairs to the walled garden.
Top floor terrace offering one of the best views you'll find on Hydra.
Walled garden with lots of well-established fruit trees, herbs, shrubs & vines. There is an external shower in the garden.
All outside areas have external electricity points, bulkhead wall lighting & taps for hose connections.
Built in 2001, The standard of construction and decorative order of Hydra Gem is excellent. Initially well-designed by the architect, the building was constructed by one of Hydra's most respected
builders using traditional materials. The thick stone walls, the mix of stone, ceramic tile and polished cement flooring, the positioning of shuttered windows for ventilation, strategically
positioned radiators, all ensure that the property is perfectly insulated to cope with the range of weather conditions found on Hydra at different times of the year. It's cool in the summer
especially as the location catches the gentle breezes, yet warm and snug during the island's short winters. There are no damp or condensation traps anywhere in the house.
The house is connected to the main island supply for electricity, water, sewage & comms. In addition, there is a freshwater cisterna (underground collection tank) and the house is equipped
with an electric pump to bring water from the " sterna" in case of damage to the public desalination water supply. The collected rainwater is also particularly good to use for watering the garden.
The shower rooms and the kitchen each have hot water tanks which can be switched on/off independently depending on usage helping to reduce running expenses.
This Hydra property for sale is located in Upper KAMINI Village which is a quiet residential area. In spite of its perceived high location, the walk from either Hydra or Kamini harbours is along a
gentle route with steps interspersed with level stretches making it less strenuous to reach than some areas. From Hydra harbour, you take the inland route up to Four Corners, then a little further up
to the Gavrillis supermarket. From there it is possible to continue along a longer but almost level route approaching the property from the lower side street.
Rear of property for sale showing side street steps, and street door to entrance courtyard (far right in photo)
Enquires & Viewing
This Hydra real estate is advertised as a house for sale by owner on Hydra Island Greece.
For all initial enquiries or to book a date and time to view the property, for the privacy of the owner, please use the email form below which will be promptly forwarded to the owner.
Please note that for security and privacy, all viewers will be required to provide proof of ID at the time of the viewing.
Your form message has been successfully sent.
You have entered the following data:
Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.
Conditions of Use & Disclaimer
- The content of this website page on the HydraDirect website is an annually paid for advertisement.
- The property described is offered for sale by the owners.
Use & Copyright
- This advert has been paid for, prepared at the owners' request by Kelsey Edwards of HydraDirect and approved by the owner for publication, advertising and promotional purposes.
- Website visitors and potential property buyers may view, download and print the details free of charge for their OWN PERSONAL USE ONLY.
- It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that the content is accurate and up-to-date, and they may request HydraDirect to make changes throughout the term of the advertisement to ensure
accuracy. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that full payment is made for each on-going year the advertisement is available up to the date of sale or withdrawal from the
market whether their advert remains visible on the website or not.
- The material content: text, photos & layout, is the work of Kelsey Edwards (HydraDirect) and has been prepared expressly for the purpose of advertising on and via the HydraDirect website and
in various printed formats as distributed.
- Kelsey Edwards (HydraDirect) retains full copyright of all material. Permission for the owners to use and promote their property for sale is given, however, limited to providing owners with the
right to forward the link to their advert page on this site via email, or to print and display on notice-boards for the purpose of attracting potential buyers.
- Under no circumstances may the content (text, photos, layout), in part or full, be used or copied by any other persons.
- These details may not be used by a third party or real estate agent for the purpose of soliciting business or to use as an introduction for the purpose of
obtaining payment (officially or unofficially).
- These details comply with international and Greek real estate law and all care has been taken to ensure that the details are accurate and not misleading to conform with the property
misdescriptions acts. However, potential property buyers must assure themselves of the accuracy of all the information presented.
- These details do not constitute a property contract of sale.
Advertising Fees & ZERO Commission
- The property owners pay €350 per year for the advertising and promotional services of HydraDirect up to the date of successful sale or withdrawal from the market.
- The owners DO NOT PAY commission if a successful sale is made if a buyer is introduced via this website or any of its promotional activity.
- Similarly, potential buyers are NOT CHARGED a fee for using this advertising material and for being put in touch with the sellers directly.
- The buyer WILL NOT PAY commission to HydraDirect as a result of a successful sale introduced by the advertisement or associated promotion.